Oberleutnant
Dienstjahre:

Ulm

Standard AW: Flag fetish

Zitat:
Zitat von cvb1989 Beitrag anzeigen
On the other hand I really like German Flecktarn with small flags
Me, too

However, I've been wondering whether these bright colourful flags on the sleeve of camouflage uniforms wil increase the risk of being detected in the woods so they should be replaced by something less obtrusive ? E.g. a black and white version of the flag ?
Alt 16. January 2023, 12:44   #12
cvb1989 ist offline cvb1989
Gefreiter
Dienstjahre:

Katowice

Well, this might be the case, there is white and black patch of Poland flag (with coat of arms) used by Special Forces and it looks good!

Although modern gear and equipment makes it very hard to hide anyway, if you have bright flag or not :P
Alt 18. January 2023, 09:22   #13
FireArmyJetBulle ist offline FireArmyJetBulle
Oberfeldwebel
Dienstjahre:

on the planet

Zitat:
Zitat von pzgren Beitrag anzeigen
Me, too

However, I've been wondering whether these bright colourful flags on the sleeve of camouflage uniforms wil increase the risk of being detected in the woods so they should be replaced by something less obtrusive ? E.g. a black and white version of the flag ?

To avoid detection, in combat, most modern soldiers use special 'low resolution/visibility' flags nowadays. They've got patches in this a fashion, also at the police force. The colors are dampened in various visibility modes, some only visible for a certain infrared wavelength, some even invisible to night vision gear.

Sorry for the size of this, maybe an admin can downsize.

Just to mention, for me, flags and patches are quite a part of the fetish and one of the main carriers that attract. I've also got huge country flags (Canada) that I cherish, and the one in my avatar ( SE-Marine) gifted on a shirt, several from SEK NRW police and my own C.O.-YK patches I guard like my precious. My BW-'Flecktarn'-Feldbluse and the Parka, of course, have the usual German flag, too.

For example:

Geändert von FireArmyJetBulle (18. January 2023 um 09:34 Uhr)
Alt 20. January 2023, 10:37   #14
cvb1989 ist offline cvb1989
Gefreiter
Dienstjahre:

Katowice

@FireArmyJetBulle

That's a nice German patch! Poland has white-grey version with Polish Eagle, I need to find it somewhere

Also I'm very pleased to read that you too feel that flags are something more! They are let's say my 'main fetish'. I got about 60-70 flags of many different countries, including about 15 flags of my country (many versions - military flags, civil flags, flags with coat of arms etc). I love to honor them by kissing them or doing let's say different things.
How do you cherish your Canadian flag? How many flag patches do you have in general?
Antwort

Stichworte
fahne , fetish , flag , flagge , patriotism

Themen-Optionen